Thursday, November 13, 2014

Presentation Reflection

I felt that I had performed relatively well, particularly so in my engagement with the audience, confidence, pace and clarity. The overall presentation was decent. However, I do have to admit that I was not very prepared and did not practice beforehand, which might have caused me to be unsure of the way I wanted to phrase my words/thoughts on the spot (even though I was familiar with the arguments and points I wanted to present) thus causing me to use alot of fillers. It would have been much better if I had thought about what I wanted to say exactly, prior to the presentation.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Daine, good job on your presentation!

    Below is a summary of comments made by our classmates.

    In terms of strengths, it is no doubt that you presented your work in a good pace therefore enabled us to follow easily. Besides, your slides are effective and attention-grabbing, which really supplemented your whole presentation. I also loved the way you had decent eye contact in engaging the audience. We really few connected throughout your presentation.

    There are a few minor areas that you might want to pay attention to. As what you mentioned in your reflection, the usage of fillers such as "uhm" and "like" was a little too much. Besides, I believe if you can include a variety of tones in your presentation, it would definitely make it more lively.

    Thanks again for all the effort done!
    Good luck and all the best!!

    Regards,
    Jie Ling:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Daine!

    We presented on a similar topic! Hahaha.

    Anyway, here are my comments:

    Good:
    Asked questions to make audience think
    Good voice projection
    Very effective slides
    Easy to understand

    Can be improved:
    When you stumble, don't panic! Keep calm!
    Usage of fillers. Try to reduce it :)

    Good job! Thank you Daine!

    Diyanah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Daine!

    Despite your sharing that you were unprepared, I felt that you were able to present in a calm and collective way. This shows your professionalism when speaking in front of an audience! I also agree that with more practice, we will be able to improve on our presentation skills. Overall, you did a great job and all the best for your future presentations!

    Adila :)

    ReplyDelete